Research Technician Position available in the van Oosten-Hawle Laboratory
at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, USA
A full-time position as a Research Technician is immediately available in the van Oosten-Hawle laboratory at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. The successful candidate will assist with our research projects on the biology of aging and assist in organizing laboratory reagents and waste management. This is an exciting opportunity for the candidate to lead an independent project in the field of aging, focused on deciphering inter-tissue stress-signaling dynamics contributing to health span extension and stress resilience.
- BSc or Masters degree in biology, genetics, or a related field
- Minimum of 1+ years of hands-on experience with C. elegans
- Highly organized, adept at multitasking, excellent time management, and strong communication skills
- Proficient in genetics and molecular biology techniques
- Familiarity with microscopy and imaging techniques
- Resourceful, independent, fast learner, and effective team player
- Meticulous record and inventory keeping with exceptional organizational skills
Independently and collaboratively design and execute experiments to explore molecular mechanisms of aging and potential interventions using C. elegans.
Organizing and maintaining databases of laboratory reagents, such as strains, constructs, primers, and other lab reagents.
Perform C. elegans generation of transgenic animals through microinjection techniques.
Lead an independent research project, for which training will be provided.
Manage daily lab operations and ensure organizational efficiency.
Contribute to the maintenance of laboratory equipment and supplies.
Assist in training and supervising undergraduate students, new lab members, and interns in laboratory techniques and procedures.
If you are passionate about advancing scientific knowledge and are eager to work in a collaborative and dynamic research environment, we encourage you to apply.
To apply, please submit your CV, a cover letter detailing your research experience and interests, and contact information for three references. For informal inquiries, please email Dr. Patricija van Oosten-Hawle: email@example.com
Apply here: https://jobs.charlotte.edu/postings/54492